- If nursing or bottle feeding breastmilk, try to eliminate caffeine from your diet for 72 hours prior to your session.
- If bottle feeding, breastmilk or formula, please bring along a bottle if we need to feed baby during your session.+
- Please feed baby right about an hour before your session, and then in that following hour prior try and have some ‘awake’ time. If possible, bath, let them kick with only a diaper on, tickle their toes, even letting them fuss for a little bit, etc. This will ensure those squishy, sleepy newborn pictures! I can’t stress enough that it is so important to do your best to keep them awake. Many parents come in saying “baby has been sleeping all morning, but don’t worry, they sleep SO well this time of day!” only to have baby wake up, since they will be unclothed and unswaddled and being bothered with my posing them.
- Dress baby in a button/zip up outfit, just ideally nothing that goes over baby’s head so if they’re sleepy when you arrive we don’t disturb them too much 🙂
- Please bring a nuk/pacifier (preferably the soothie pacifier the hospital provided, they won’t leave marks). Even if you haven’t used one yet or baby doesn’t seem to take to it, just for the 2-3 hours that I’m posing baby it can really help. If you really prefer that we don’t use one, that is fine as well.
Common Answers to Questions
- I have a huge and ever growing collection of headbands, hats, bonnets, wraps, boxes, outfits and more, so no need to bring anything from home unless there is something special or important to your family that you’d like included, just let me know ahead of time if you haven’t already done so and I will include it in the flow of your session.
- The New Born Session can last up to 4 hours (we obviously work to get done closer to the 2 hour mark). That’s a Wrap Session is about an hour. This will all depend on how cooperative your baby is.
- If you have other kids it’s best to have Dad take them out and come back later as they get bored and restless. It also feels pretty warm in the room so they may feel they need a break. In The New Born Session we can do the family photos right a the beginning or at the end so they can be informed when they need to be there and ready. Of course I have a large separate room they are welcome to kick back to wait in if needed.
- Babies cry- it’s their way of communicating. If your baby fusses it could mean a number of things. I have experience that helps me know if they are hungry, uncomfortable or just not happy to be moved whilst sleeping. I like to work as a team with the parents to keep baby happy and safe
What To Wear
- Clothes for mom – Something in a solid in a nuetural color of black, grey or white is usually best. To have a more organic look I would bring along a tank top, tube, or camisole in black/white/nude/beige color. Pants or skirt to match. Jeans are fine too. Avoid prints. If you’re not sure what will work better bring all of it. I also have some beautiful fabric to wrap around you for a more organic look. Let me know if that is something you would like to try.
- For Dads – Just like mom a black, grey or white plain shirt, or bare skin to skin with baby looks really beautiful. Please feel free to let me know what you prefer and are comfortable with.
- For siblings – Bring a white, grey or black t-shirt as well for their individual photos with baby.
- Please do try and iron your clothes.
- TIP: Keep all outfits ready before you leave for you birth. That way once you are back home and tired you don’t have to concern yourself with it.
- Bring an extra shirt for you and dad, babies tend to poop and pee so you’ll want a backup if you want naked baby parent shots.
Your Final Images
- Sneak Peeks – I usually post a few pictures on social media (both Instagram and Facebook) If you DO NOT want me to do this please let me know ahead of time. I know you are anxious to see your images so I’ve found this is a great way for you to see them and also does help me with marketing of course! – Ask me about my referral program!
- Within 1 week of your session you will receive an online gallery of your images. From that gallery you will be able select your favorite images to be hand edited and perfected for the high-end look you expect from Mine to Adore. Your order will take about 2 weeks for delivery from the time you submit the order.